This time last year, I printed out one sheets and crammed four days worth of outfits into a small carry-on bag. Erynn and I flew from RDU to St. Louis for our first ever ACFW conference. I was overwhelmed and slightly panicky. Okay, I was moments away from a full blown panic attack.
But the conference exceeded my highest expectations. (See posts here and here). God confirmed His will over and over again. I survived pitching to agents and an editor. I had lunch with the fabulous Melanie Dickerson, and I met the lovely ladies below. Amanda, Jess, Erynn, and I have become sisters and critique partners in the last year, and I cannot tell you how much knowing them has blessed me.
|Last Year at ACFW with the Girls|
I must admit to being anxious still. Even though I know what to expect. Pitching your book is a lot like asking a guy you like to the Sadie Hawkins dance—you still have to put your heart out there and hope it doesn't get squashed.
All I can do is trust God with my fragile heart and ask you to pray. So I will :) When you think about me over the next five days, would you please pray
- that I would feel well and have stamina despite the long, busy schedule,
- that I would find food to eat and enjoy without compromising the doctors' instructions,
- that God would grant me favor with whoever He wills,
- that God would strengthen existing relationships and initiate new ones,
- that I would seek out ways to encourage and support those around me.
God has a plan already set into motion for this year, and I'm praying my eyes are open to see it. Maybe this week will be even better than last year.