Monday, January 24

The Best Laid Plans

"The best laid schemes of mice and men go often askew," or so Robert Burns wrote in his poem, "To A Mouse."

How true this is for well-intentioned blogging writers as well.

You see I had grand hopes for my productivity in 2011--namely that I would become a cyborg, need only a minimal amount of asleep, and never see my friends but turn out some great fiction, produce three blogs a week, study craft, read other blogs by those more skilled than me, oh, and exercise seven days a week. Ha!

It's time to be realistic. And humble myself. I can't, in my own power, keep up with all that I am "supposed to be doing" in order to have a successful writing life and be 35 pounds lighter by the end of the year.

But I can be disciplined about what I've been given and trust the rest to God. The Most High. The All-Sufficient One. The Sovereign One.

With this in mind, I plan to blog TWO times a week and not three. I will still blog on Mondays and Wednesdays, with the latter being my devotional journey day. Mondays will be for book reviews and writing life updates, and doing this will allow me a little breathing room at the end of each week to sleep and actually see people, so I know you guys will understand. Thanks for being patient with me.

What about you? Are you having to refocus your resolutions?

3 comments:

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Constantly. But that's what life demands. If you're readjusting, that means you're keeping what's important up front. All good. :)

Rachel Tillie said...

I agree with Susan! Also, I love you friend (and your writing too)!

Charity Tinnin said...

@Susan: a good reminder. Thanks!

@Rachel: So grateful you love me and my writing. It means more than you know! Love you too.