Tuesday, October 6

How Has It Been Two Months Already?

How grateful I am for everyone who is praying for me during this season. I know that it's been two months since I last sent a formal update, and the reason for this is that I didn't really know what to pass on to you.

I have spent a little over a month back at South Mountain (near Morganton, NC) with my parents, Hope, and Jacob. This time has given me the flexibility to seek stillness for my heart as I pursue wisdom about what is the next step God would have me take. My family has been incredibly supportive, and the time “on the mountain” has definitely been good for me. I have begun volunteering one day a week with a local housing ministry to homeless families and will also be working for Family Christian Stores through the holidays. Both of these opportunities allow me to serve the community and fill my time so, hopefully, I am less likely to be lazy. God has also given me a Bible Study to attend on Wednesday nights which has been such a sweet time of fellowship and praise with people my own age. I am very thankful for the many opportunities God has given me during this season.

As for what is next? I am not sure. Moving to Tampa has been put "on hold". God has brought some heart issues to light, and I am praying through those, studying His Word to seek wisdom, and talking through them with both the team and my family. My tendency is to run on ahead if only God will point me in a direction, but God has stilled me completely in the last month and a half. I would love to share specifics and details and plans, but I believe that God would have me be still and silent until He speaks. As I've been reading through Nehemiah in my quiet time, I have been convicted not only by the amount of time Nehemiah spent praying through what God laid on his heart, but also by his silence until God had clearly provided for and instructed him on the fullness of the project. I am so quick to want to garner feedback, ask for opinions, etc.

So for now, I ask for your prayers and your trust that I will share more once God has been clear about what He wants. Please pray that I will be humble and stand SILENT as long as I need to. Please pray that I will have the wisdom to discern His voice and His hand in these circumstances. Please pray that I would be faithful to make progress in the areas where He has already spoken.

I am grateful for each one of you; thank you for investing in and loving me--you are a blessed privilege and responsibility.

No comments: