Wednesday, September 3

A Year Ago...

For better or for worse, every now and then, I get the urge to look back at what my journal looked like on this day last year, two years, etc.

September 4th, 2007 was a short entry centered on Psalm 57. My only notes for that day were 5 bullet points on what this passage has to say about God's character (a discipline I picked up from Dianne Hart).

GOD
is a refuge (cf. Ps. 46:1)
will fulfill His purpose for his children (singularly and as a people)(cf: Ps. 137:8)
will send help from heaven
will shame those who trample on His own
will send His love and faithfulness to those who belong to Him

The characteristics of God mentioned above have been on my mind since hearing about the current persecution of Christians in India. As I have been praying for them, the Holy Spirit has been so good to remind me of His testimony of faithfulness to His character and His covenant people. How grateful I am to serve the one, true, living God!

David, likewise, knew persecution. He also knew God, and it is because of this fact that his response to having to flee for his life was this: "Be exalted O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth!" (Ps. 57:5, 11). May that be my prayer as well--for India, for the world, for my existence here in Wake Forest.

No comments: