Wednesday, September 21

ACFW Today!!

I know I haven't been around much this summer. We can chalk that fact up to the presence of two little words in my life: chronic fatigue.

The summer was filled with fatigue, doctors' visits, new medication, a job transition, and other lifestyle changes to help deal with the symptoms. Oh, and I was really tired. Did I mention that? I'll be blogging more about this journey with CF in the fall, but today I wanted to focus on one thing:

I leave for St. Louis and the ACFW Conference today!

Erynn, myself, and the ladies from our critique group will all fly out about 10 a.m. and walk right into 4 1/2 days of honing our craft, pitching our manuscripts, making new connections, and meeting new writer friends. It promises to be encouraging and overwhelming at the same time. :) I won't be taking my computer with me, but I'll post a full report once we return.

In the interim, would you pray that God would lead Unclean toward publishing during the conference, that He would move mightily, that I would be able to serve and encourage others, and that my health would not keep me from enjoying and participating in the events? Would you also pray against fear and insecurity, especially during my appointments with editors, agents, and a published author critiquing my work? I would so appreciate your prayers.

One of the verses I have been praying and meditating on in the last three weeks is 2 Timothy 4:17a: "But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed."

I have been praying that God would strengthen me so that my writing and my life would proclaim the gospel of grace.

I can't wait to tell you all about it.

Now, how do I cram these boots into my suitcase? :)

2 comments:

Mischia said...

Praying! Excited to hear all God's going to do

Charity Tinnin said...

@ Mischia, thank you for your prayers and your belief in His ability to work. So good.